Friday 8 May 2020

The Song of Songs 2:10



The Song of Songs.

I believe that The Song of Songs in the Hebrew Bible is a poem about the union between Christ (the male of the song) and the fallen soul (the female of the song). The idea of a union between Christ and the soul is expressed in the Exegesis on the Soul which is about the soul (symbolized a woman) who falls into the material world and goes through much suffering but finds Christ and unites with him (symbolized as marriage).

The Song of Songs: “My beloved spoke and said to me,

“Arise, my darling,

my beautiful one, come with me.

11 See! The winter is past;

the rains are over and gone.”

The beloved is Christ who awakens the soul (thus the word “arise”) through gnosis.

Winter refers to the physical world. Gospel of Philip: “The winter is the world, the summer the other Aeon (eternal realm).” Thus it is saying the physical world is past (you are free from the world). The rains may possibly symbolize the struggles and suffering in the world.

The Song of Songs: “You are a garden locked up, my sister, my bride;

you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain.”

This could refer to the soul being locked up and sealed in the physical body.

The Song of Songs: “All night long on my bed

I looked for the one my heart loves;

I looked for him but did not find him.” This refers to the soul still spiritually unawakened (symbolized by lying on a bed all night) but still looking to find Christ. This could refer to those people who are psychic (people who live by faith but have not yet achieved gnosis).

The Song of Songs: “Do not stare at me because I am dark, because the sun has gazed on me. My mother’s sons were angry with me; they made me keeper of the vineyards; my own vineyard I have not kept!”

“My mother`s sons” could refer to the archons who are angry with the soul. The mother could refer to Sophia since Sophia did indirectly create the archons, so the archons could be said to be her sons in a way. Vineyard refers to this world or this physical life which have been forced on by the archons to the soul.

The Song of Songs: “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love [is] better than wine.”

Kissing could be passing sacred knowledge and teachings (the word). Gospel of Philip: “We are nourished by the promise of heaven, from the mouth of the word. If the word emanated from the mouth, it is perfect. By a kiss the perfect conceive and give birth. That is why we kiss.”

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment