Friday 19 July 2019

My siblings and My mother The Gospel of Thomas Saying 99

 The Gospel of Thomas Saying 99 
You who do the will of my father that are my siblings and my mother



The disciples said to him, "Your brothers and your mother are standing outside." He said to them, "It is those who are here and who do the will of my father that are my siblings and my mother. It is they who will enter the kingdom of my father."

A Gentile does not die, for he has never lived in order that he may die. He who has believed in the truth has found life, and this one is in danger of dying, for he is alive. Since Christ came, the world has been created, the cities adorned, the dead carried out. When we were Hebrews, we were orphans and had only our mother, but when we became Christians, we had both father and mother.

“are my brothers and my mother.” Brothers signify affection of good, and mother the affection of truth. External worship is called brother to internal worship in the Word that is born (mother) within you. That is to give birth to Christ within you.

Here the brethren and the mother are one and the same the brethren are the bride of Christ and the Mother is the Sarah Covenant styled “the Jerusalem above the Mother of us all” (Gal 4:26).

Isaac was Sarah's son, and allegorically slain, and allegorically raised. The saints are all in Isaac; for "in Isaac shall thy seed be called." This seed is Christ; not Jesus only; but that great multitude also which no man can number. This "One Body" of people headed up in Deity is the allegorical or figurative Christ. They are the children of the promise as Isaac was; the free-born sons of Sarah the free woman.

the newly born had been begotten by the spirit word (1Pet 1:23). after the birth (jn 3:3,5), it was the duty of the mother (Ecclesia) to nourish the new-born babe with the milk of the word (1Pet 2:2), supplementing it with stronger food as it developed (),

therefore to be his bride and the intimacy of the union with Jesus is suggested not only by the dominant image of the Bride and Groom, but also (in a different way) by the procreative symbol of birthing. Thus we can speak of the true believers who is conceived by the spirit-word and by the holy spirit, so as to give birth to the will of the Father, is the Mother of Jesus. And Isaiah tells us 62:5: “so shall thy sons marry thee.

The Jerusalem above is the Mother of us all (saints) including the King the Lord Jesus Christ in a spiritual sense for the Jerusalem above is made up of all true believers. Song 3:11 1/kings 1:16,17 Lk 1:72-79 Gal 4:28,30 Heb12:22-23 And she is the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31, of whom it is said: “Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excelled them all.“ Song 3:11 1kings 1:16,17 Lk 1:72-79 Gal 4:28,30 Heb12:22-23

From Thunder, the Perfect Mind:
For I am the first and the last.
I am the honoured one and the scorned one.
I am the whore and the holy one.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am <the mother> and the daughter.
I am the members of my mother.
I am the barren one
 and many are her sons.
I am she whose wedding is great,
 and I have not taken a husband.
I am the midwife and she who does not bear.
I am the solace of my labour pains.
I am the bride and the bridegroom,
 and it is my husband who begot me.
I am the mother of my father
 and the sister of my husband
 and he is my offspring.
I am the slave of him who prepared me.
I am the ruler of my offspring.
 But he is the one who begot me before the time on a birthday.
 And he is my offspring in (due) time,
 and my power is from him.
I am the staff of his power in his youth,
 and he is the rod of my old age.
 And whatever he wills happens to me.
I am the silence that is incomprehensible
 and the idea whose remembrance is frequent.
I am the voice whose sound is manifold
 and the word whose appearance is multiple.
I am the utterance of my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment